1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Peel the squash and cut it into 2cm slices. Then layout on a baking tray and toss with the olive oil and seasoning. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until just tender.
2. Meanwhile add all of the pesto ingredients – reserving a few sage leaves and pine nuts for garnish – to a food processor or blender. Blitz to a slightly textured consistency. Taste for seasoning and add more lemon or salt if it needs it.
3. Roll out the pastry on its baking paper and place it on a large baking tray. Score a 2cm border around the edge and spread the interior with the cream cheese. Dot and swirl with half of the pesto and then top with the squash slices.
4. Brush the pastry border with the beaten egg and cook in the oven for 20 minutes, until golden and puffed up.
5. Dot with the remaining pesto, and scatter over the reserved sage leaves and pine nuts. Slice into 4 or 6 slices and serve.