250g Paysan Breton luxury whipped blue cream cheese
4 slices of walnut bread
4 slices of parma ham
oil, salt and pepper
Alternatively – for a quick and easy option use a jar of fig jam
1. Wash the figs and chop them into small pieces
2. Finely slice the onion.
3. Heat up a small amount of oil in the pan add the onion and figs. Season with salt and pepper and leave the mix to stew for 30 to 40 minutes on an average heat. Stir regularly. Add a drop of water if it starts to stick.
4. When the compote is ready, leave it to cool.
5. Spread a generous amount of Paysan Breton luxury blue cream cheese onto the slices of bread.
6. Finally, top it with the fig compote followed by a slice of ham.